Additional Shore Excursion Options?

ZacInKC

We're taking a 7 night cruise on Navigator of the Seas on April 15th visiting Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta.  The shore excursions through Royal Caribbean are very limited on the website.  

A few questions...

Can anyone confirm, could there be shore excursions available at the Shore Excursion Desk on the ship that may not be present on the website?

Is it possible that more excursions could be added to the website between now and our cruise date?

Are there any limitations with shore excursions outside of Royal Caribbean due to Covid?

Thanks!

It is absolutely possible for more options to pop up as the cruise gets closer and possible for ones that don't make it online to be available on board.

These pages give you ideas of shore excursions at those ports with pricing ideas. Again. Just idea. These are not specific to your sailing but maybe you can find something that sparks interest and give royal a call to see if they have it or anything like it coming up?

Puerto Vallarta http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=PVR

Mazaltan (currently derping) http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=MZT

Cabo San Lucas (also derping) http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=SJD

I am on The Anthem of The Seas May 2nd TA and I ran into the same thing. All the excursion went really fast and were sold out. I emailed the excursion department shorex@RCCL.com  to see if I could get the one extra spot I needed for my daughter. They responded within 24hrs but by the time they responded, spots opened up on the excursion I wanted. As for will there be excursion on shore, the answer is YES:). Lots of them. You just have to be careful not to get hoodwinked;) Good luck 

On 1/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, ZacInKC said:

Can anyone confirm, could there be shore excursions available at the Shore Excursion Desk on the ship that may not be present on the website?

I can confirm that shore excursions open up on the ship after boarding. I have an unpleasant memory of this happening on a Royal cruise we took in 2017.

The excursion we wanted in Jamaica wasn't showing at all before the cruise. I knew it was sometimes offered from the cruise excursion brochure. I started checking early and kept checking up until about 2 weeks before our cruise, by name, by code, by sorting features, etc. I even called RCI and asked if it would be offered and they told me it would show up if it was offered. At that point, I decided to book my own transportation and, separately, tickets through the same operator (who offered the excursion to regular guest on the island, not just cruises). Paid for both, made all the arrangements, chose a time on my form that fit in the cruise docking schedule, etc. Got on the cruise, went about our business, and the day before our port stop, we went to the guest services desk for something else (maybe a hole punched in the cards for my kids' lanyards?), and I happened to see some piece of documentation on the counter that showed additional excursions offered. Lo and behold, the one we wanted was listed there. I wasn't sure I would be able to cancel my prior arrangements, but I asked about it, and it had actually filled up during the first two days of cruising and no longer had space. So I kept my existing plans.

Driver picked us up, took us to the shore excursion (we had hired him for the whole day so he was just going to wait until we finished, and we went to check in. They told us we were booked for a later time - I said, no, here is my confirmation. They said that time is only for cruise passengers, we can't accommodate you. I said, I AM a cruise passenger and I can't make the later time and still get back to the boat. And why didn't you tell me that when I booked my time? Then they started berating me - why didn't I book through the cruise line, was I trying to avoid paying what the cruise charged, they can't just shift their schedules for anyone who shows up, etc. etc. I was in tears - my kids were SO looking forward to the activity. The driver was trying to comfort me. I had to walk away, but my husband went back and was able to talk them into accommodating us for a surcharge (I guess what the ship would have charged... I genuinely didn't even realize there was a different price - I didn't even know what the ship charged vs what I paid). 

We ended up being able to do it, my kids were happy, but it left a very bad taste in my mouth.