In-Room Movies?

My husband and I are taking our first cruise next week - an Alaskan cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas. Can someone please let me know if there are movies to watch on the TVs in our cabin? Either for free or pay-per-view? And if they are pay only, any idea how much a movie typically costs? We're trying to decide if we need to buy a portable DVD player and bring our own or if there will be a decent selection of reasonably priced movies to watch on the ship, which would make things much easier.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the blog, yes there are movies to watch on the tv in your cabin most of which are pay per view but they do screen some for free. The movies are about $4-$5 and are quite recent the only problem is the signal on the TVs is poor so you often get a bad picture. A portable DVD player is not a bad idea but you probably wont spend that much time in your cabin as there is loads to do day and night.

There is another option which is the huge outdoor screen which shows movies at least once a day if the Rhapsody has one ?, i'm sure another member of the blog will have sailed on her and can tell you if there is one on board.

Hope this helps.

A portable DVD player is not a bad idea but you probably wont spend that much time in your cabin as there is loads to do day and night.

As long as it's a DVD player with it's own screen because you cannot hook anything up to the TVs in your stateroom

Yep that is what I do is load my laptop with movies but in Alaska - man even at night sailing around was so cool I was always up on deck and the outdoor screen is cool

We agree

Wrap up and enjoy the outdoor screen.

• 3 weeks later...

17.3" laptop loaded with movies off my media server works for me.  Also handles light gaming if I feel the urge.  Sometimes I can even hook up to the TV but I don't count on it.  Depends on the ship and the TV that's in my particular stateroom.

17.3" laptop loaded with movies off my media server works for me.  Also handles light gaming if I feel the urge.  Sometimes I can even hook up to the TV but I don't count on it.  Depends on the ship and the TV that's in my particular stateroom.

Bringing your own movies is a great idea