Check-In with App

Check-on for our February cruise opened a couple days ago, and I checked my wife and I in. The process was different than I remember (it's been too long), and the only step we needed to take was to upload our "government papers" proving compliance with directives. That's all there was...I was really hoping for the satisfaction of uploading the passport image and taking the pic, but that wasn't part of this new process...is that everyone else's experience?

9 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Check-on for our February cruise opened a couple days ago, and I checked my wife and I in. The process was different than I remember (it's been too long), and the only step we needed to take was to upload our "government papers" proving compliance with directives. That's all there was...I was really hoping for the satisfaction of uploading the passport image and taking the pic, but that wasn't part of this new process...is that everyone else's experience?

Instead of uploading a photo of your passport (scanning the bottom) were you prompted to enter your passport number and expiration date?

15 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Instead of uploading a photo of your passport (scanning the bottom) were you prompted to enter your passport number and expiration date?

Nothing like that...I thought maybe there would be another step after the CDC card was verified, but there isn't one. The next step in my app is the wellness check for the day before embarkation.

5 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Nothing like that...I thought maybe there would be another step after the CDC card was verified, but there isn't one. The next step in my app is the wellness check for the day before embarkation.

The passport info should be part of the first section....traveler information. 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

You did it via the Royal Caribbean app and there was no option to enter your passport info? You should see 4 options: Travel info, arrival time, vaccination, health & safety

Thanks for that...after looking again, I see that I overlooked that step...I am not sure why or how I jumped over it to the vax card upload, because I was looking for it. I will say that the workflow was a little strange in that I initially uploaded my card into my wife's profile...so I think it could be improved.