CDC Says Cruise Ship Conditional Sail Order Will Become Voluntary on Jan 15, Despite Omicron

17 hours ago, MrMarc said:

With all of the resources available to the cruise lines and the fact that they ALL seem to be doing very similar things, why not consider the possibly that they are not the ones who are wrong or crazy?  And while we are at it, why is the press at fault for not looking at all of the data when so many people are making decisions about vaccines, masks, etc. based on a few random internet posts?  Just a thought.

The CSO may have expired, but a "voluntary" set of "cooperate" protocols is in its place.  Cruise ships appear to be the most "protected" environment - I've been pretty impressed with the sanitization protocols on the ones we've cruised.   But not real happy with the mask requirements (especially for those who have taken the jabsss).  If there's going to be a mask requirement, then require a "real" ('95 series) mask.  So I look at it as helping keeping the crew stay healthy, as they live in a confined  exposure  environment.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:45 PM, KJ1231 said:

Umm.... why not just have everyone sign a waiver that they won't sue if they contract covid. Anyone that would get on a cruise ship and think they won't get covid should not be cruising... you can't sue vaccine manufacturers - even if it kills you! ..... did anyone ever sue if they got any of the other flu variants ?

I saw the news pop up on my phone and thought I'd make a reservation for Alaska in 2023. Then read this and just saved about $10K. Will continue to hang out in the Poconos on my own cruise ship - 20' Bentley Pontoon!

How about including a clause to hold the passenger liable for any cases contact traced to them if they are not following the protocols?  The answer to both is that liability is not the issue, health, the ability to sail, and being able to disembark at ports are the real issues.