Valentine's Day

Shay

Hi 

This will be my first time sailing on Valentine's day and we are looking forward to it.  Chops is having a special dinner seating on Valentine's day with an upcharge. I'm contemplating getting it for hubby and I, but I was wondering if the MDR does anything special for Valentine's day.... and if so, I'll schedule Chops on another night.

Thanks

Hi @Shay!

I cannot confirm what is offered on Valentine's Day, but I would consider checking out some past Cruise Compasses to see if anything special was offered.

We will be on Odyssey (fingers-crossed) this upcoming Valentine's Day (our first as well), but we booked Chef's Table months ago for that evening well before Chops offered the special dinner. We're going to stick with Chef's Table since we've never had the experience.

Have an amazing time!

Here is a link to the past Cruise Compasses...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=All&page=3

Good morning John,

Thanks for responding. We just switched to a new longer sailing to maximize our vacation. I also booked Chef's Table for the first sailing back in Sept, but now that I'm rebooking extras I see that option with Chops. Unfortunately, Chef's Table isn't available on Anthem...it must be sold out.

Thanks 

We always purchase the Unlimited Dining Plan but it is my opinion that the specialty dinners often offered during holiday sailings (Valentine's Day, etc.) are truly not worth the money they charge.  IMO you would be much better off dining in one of the other specialty restaurants to celebrate or even doing Chef's Table.  I haven't eaten in a MDR in years so I cannot really comment on what they might or might not offer but I - who have NO problem paying extra for meals - feel that the upcharge for these holiday meals is waaaytooo much.