Covid testing

Vpenna

Something is not adding up for me. I am hoping someone can clear this up for me.

I am reading about all the positive covid testing happening on the larger ships.

Does RC randomly test passengers to see if they test positive? Do they test everyone if one person falls ill?

If someone is asymptomatic why would they take an on board test if they feel fine?

Does RC make available rapid test kits to passengers or do you have to go to medical to be tested?

Does anyone else think this is a political/ media hype?

Crew are tested regularly, and probably most of the positive cases are identified that way.

If a passenger feels ill, they are to call the medical unit on board and they will be scheduled to go down to the medical facility to test.  If positive, they would only test people with whom that person has had close contact.

"All" of the positive covid tests have equaled about 1% or less of the ships total population (crew and passengers).  

As usual, the cruise lines are being held to a standard that is not recognized on land.