Symphony of the Seas - What are the odds?

Ghost999

Currently sailing on Symphony of the Seas.  Happened to catch up on current events and see that pretty much all Royal ships have positives in some capacity.  Our last cruise was pre-pandemic.   To no surprise, the rules have changed for cruising but i clearly see challenges for the cruise lines to keep guests safe.  The biggest being not enough staff round the clock to enforce the mask policy.  By 9PM local time, all bets are off as guests begin to unmask with very little oversight by staff & security.  

While i certainly dont wish for a positive from anybody during this cruise (i fully understand the risks in cruising during this period, so my choice), i honestly find it hard to phathom we will return to port of Miami inscathed.  

On 12/27/2021 at 12:34 AM, Ghost999 said:

Currently sailing on Symphony of the Seas.  Happened to catch up on current events and see that pretty much all Royal ships have positives in some capacity.  Our last cruise was pre-pandemic.   To no surprise, the rules have changed for cruising but i clearly see challenges for the cruise lines to keep guests safe.  The biggest being not enough staff round the clock to enforce the mask policy.  By 9PM local time, all bets are off as guests begin to unmask with very little oversight by staff & security. 

Really, this was just the opposite on the Odyssey last week. I saw maybe 1 person un masked, she was dancing in the theater to the Band with drink in hand. Staff was on her quickly as she was in the first row. Security was visible everywhere in public spaces and everyone complied, even noses. I felt like the vibe was similar to ours, we are here we will do what is asked of us. Like it or not, we agreed to the protocol before embarkation & decided as a family we would just do it. We were out a  great deal, even late & the masks were out in full force. The best one was a lady glues cotton balls and made a Santa beard for her husband, great spirit ! Little oversight? wow I am surprised. I'm pretty sure corporate made the call to the ships, maybe the line was busy on the Symphony.