Symphony Strikes back, 11-18 December (the short version)

Traveler

Day 8,9,10 conclusion.

Let's start from the end I'm currently writing this post back from home where we are both now under the mandatory quarantine for 3 days to whoever came back from international travel. So far two test our negative (one that we done on the ship and one week that we done immediately after we landed at the airport) Third and hopefully the last one will be done on Wednesday to get out from the quarantine.

I read allot of posts and newspaper articles about our cruise. Every article in posts were more dramatic  than the other I had to ask myself few times have they been on the same cruise that we were on ?. So yes they were cases on the ship and that's expected considering the new omicorn variant but we almost did not felt anything nothing almost canceled beside postponing the hair spray show but that was due to technical issues. The fact is the protocol were working and we can see it by the low number of crew members that were found positive. Listen back from the ship was very easy and quick no lines at all. Immigration was done using the automatic cameras even for  none US citizens. The main issue was the taxi line , we waited more than 40 minutes to get into the taxi , huge lines and not so many taxies. That can explain why for Uber XL for 5 minutes ride to the Intercontinental it showed 88 $! , For the airport more than 100$ . We took the taxi to the airport rental center and pick our car. Our flight was the day after. From the airport and since the hotel was not ready yet we went to do some shopping in one of the bigger Mall. Surprisingly we were not requested to do C19 test before entering to the mall nor we requested to do one after. Around 40% of the people did not wear masks I don't want even to start about social distancing. If I was afraid catching c19 it was not from the ship it was from our visit to this mall... Still didn't read any article or post regarding mall C19 outbreak. Maybe Royal need to rename it ships from of the seas to mall name . Something like Symphony mall , Odyssey Walmart, Allure Macy's  etc...  

We used the Intercontinental Doral hotel as it had free parking and near the airport. It's Ok clean  hotel and we got what we expected but don't let the name confuses you as it's more Holiday Inn than Intercontinental. Early morning we have done our way to Miami airport. The security lines were crazy almost 45 minutes. I start to think that the airlines paying money for the Miami airport security to hold people as much as they can so they will not need to pay money for the airline  lounge :-). Flight back went smoothly.

Let's conclude this cruise , if everything goes okay the next Cruise will be on Wonder of the seas , I do hope we will not see any delays or change in the cruise industry (oh well just good changes) 

Hope you enjoyed the short version blog and I hope the information will help other people. Let me know if you have any questions. 

20211216_120449_copy_784x1613.thumb.jpg.cf9d0c431eb5a84c7743ef1e22646408.jpg