FCC Question???

deep1

Yeah Yeah Yeah... I know? Another one? Yup...... I thought I was done with FCC but just received 4 new ones??? It Appears to be in the amoint of port fees and taxes from a cancelled cruise????  I thought fees and taxes were refunded to method of payment? Pretty sure thats what I was told on the phone...  Especially since they can't be used for taxes and fees payment? Maybe some one knows if this is standard practice or if I need to light them up again with phone calls... Any info or experience?

PS- Two of them in minors names that wount be travelling with us any longer after this year. Does that complicate things? 

I could use a sedative about now...2 hour call...  The FCC's were issued in error. They had missed my taxes and fees and cruise planner stuff all together? That will be sent back to original form of payment. Theres still a few hundred going back on FCC that nobody can seem to explain , at least in English... 

31 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

It’s a mess at RCI I’ve left it in the hands of my credit card company, 10 weeks of lies and more lies for my refunds but still nothing🤬 them on the phones should be fired so many unprofessional people. 

They frequently start spewing numbers can only consider random. Then like this email, I get some outdated by several months or completely off target... Usually they are good about taxes and fees and completely botched this. That and cancelled cruise planner purchases ...

Sorry,  I understand how FCC's are supposed to work but I avoided taking them for the most part because I couldn't understand how they were being processed.  I took a FCC early when I cancelled a cruise and it got confusing.  I managed to get it applied it to a cruise way into the future so I haven't actually used it yet.  I asked if it could be reapplied to a cruise that wasn't so far into the future but was told it could take up to a month to do that.  It's  like a phantom FCC because all it did was decrease my cruise fare on the future cruise.  It wasn't itemized on the cruise vacation receipt or anything but I was told that it was "in the system".  I'm not even sure what cruise I applied it to but I think it is still in the system!

Refunds haven't been much better but at least I can cross one off when it trickles in.

8 minutes ago, deep1 said:

They frequently start spewing numbers can only consider random. Then like this email, I get some outdated by several months or completely off target... Usually they are good about taxes and fees and completely botched this. That and cancelled cruise planner purchases ...

We were offered a full refund we’ve got emails to prove and then decided to go back on that decision and issued a FCC which included tax, port fees and cruise planner item 🤬 all I get now is no no no so I’ve told my credit card company with all the evidence and they are sorting hopefully.

My biggest gripe is we have one ship in the UK for only a few months a year and they expect us to use FFC on the same trip 🤬 so when they say FFC can be used until December 22 infact it’s October 22 to use everything up or loose them. 

Lots about FCC to dislike. Never mind the horrendous bookkeeping. They issue to the guest. Not the one who paid for it. Even when the guest is a minor its a nightmare to reapply. They recently called my fiance' at work and her kid at school to apply " their " FCC toward a new cruise. Then instead of applying it they simply reissued and required a second round orf "permissions". They almost did it again and I got a supervisor to fix in about ten seconds...