DIY Excursion on Bimini, Bahamas

PG Cruiser

I created my own "excursion" on Bimini!!!

I was going to walk seven miles back to the ship after taking a taxi to Alice Town to get some Crack Conch from the Conch Fu Shack.  After walking a mile, I saw BIRD scooters on the side of the road.  Long story short, I rented one and rode it all the way to the Hilton tram stop.  Cost me less than $10.  Next time I visit Bimini, I'll get a BIRD Day Pass ($24) and go from one end of Bimini to the other.  The lady at the information center called one end the "End of the World".  I have to call BIRD and ask them about the availability of their scooters all over the island.  A Day Pass has a 30-minute limit and I want to make sure there are other scooters available to transfer to.

EDIT:  The 30-minute limit is for each ride.  With a Day Pass, you can have an unlimited number of rides for 24 hours (Thanks, @Strife)

78787517_ScreenShot2021-11-29at2_10_03PM.thumb.png.03b30e624b84f0f1b298b439a06bc4aa.png

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Strife said:

I have not planed anything on my trip there and was thinking of just doing something on my own. Though renting a scooter sounds interesting. Although a day pass with only a 30 minute limit does not sound like a day pass.

The 30-minute limit is for one ride.  With the Day Pass, you can have an unlimited number of rides for 24 hours.

In Austin, TX, when I was nearing the 30-minute limit, I would simply transfer to another scooter which resets the 30-minute countdown.  There were a lot of scooters there.

Now in Bimini, I did not see a lot of scooters.  I don't know if I could restart the timer by ending the ride on the scooter I'm on and start another ride on it.