Vaccination Card - Name Mismatch

The Fox

My granddaughter (age 21) is going on a cruise with us. She was adopted, but her name was never changed with her insurance company. The place where she had her vaccinations given put her original name on the vaccination card. We have tried to have it changed, but the store refused to do it until it is changed in the computer system from the insurance company. So we proceeded to contact the insurance company and after many phone calls we were able to put in a name change request. We have been told it will be 30-45 days before the change will go through. Our cruise is in two weeks.

In the meantime, we visited the store again and they relented some and added her new last name on the card. However, the original card was in black ink and he added the new name in blue ink.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Is there someone specific at Royal Carribean that I can contact?

I suspect the answer may be similar to what happens for people that get married/divorced and are in the middle of a name change.  Bring a document that officially connects the two names (marriage certificate/divorce papers).  I'm assuming something like that exists for an adoption.  You might also need something from the insurance company showing what name they have for her.  This is an odd situation considering she's an adult but it should be explainable.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I suspect the answer may be similar to what happens for people that get married/divorced and are in the middle of a name change.  Bring a document that officially connects the two names (marriage certificate/divorce papers). 

Thank you for that answer. I am planning on taking all the documents and hoping that it will be sufficient. I have also contacted RC and if they give me an acceptable answer, I will print it and take it with me. There is one thing that still concerns me and that is that the pharmacist wrote the new last name in blue ink and everything else is in black ink. The vaccine rules state the following:

Fraudulent Documentation of Vaccination

We will record all documentation of vaccination and review it for signs of fraud. We routinely provide documentation of vaccination to immigration, health and port authorities in the ports where we call. Falsifying documentation of vaccination is a crime in the U.S. and may lead to criminal prosecution in the various jurisdictions from where we sail, and in our ports of call. We reserve the right to deny boarding or remove from the ship any guest whom we believe has submitted a falsified documentation of vaccination.

We further reserve the right to bring a civil action against any guest who submits false documentation of vaccination to recover all costs and damages caused by such fraudulent conduct.

I'm hoping by contacting RC ahead of time that will alleviate any chance of this happening.

By all means contact. If necessary contact over and over til they put you at ease... I'm in one of those married/ divorced name change messes myself. Took 4 agents last night to get it fixed... Three failed. One got it right. Today I had to move crown and anchor around some but got it right in first try... 

25 minutes ago, deep1 said:

By all means contact. If necessary contact over and over til they put you at ease... I'm in one of those married/ divorced name change messes myself. Took 4 agents last night to get it fixed... Three failed. One got it right. Today I had to move crown and anchor around some but got it right in first try... 

I have been following your message. Please continue if you have any updates.

33 minutes ago, The Fox said:

I have been following your message. Please continue if you have any updates.

At this point they changed her reservation to the married name so it matches the covid card. They are still having her bring the marriage certificate to bridge her passport number and crown and anchor number. I was surprised she was able to fid and retrieve her certificate so quick today. I spent two years looking for mine when I got divorced a few years ago. It was right where I put it but didn't remember til I found it... I was twisted all the way when they told me she needed it... 

6 minutes ago, deep1 said:

I was twisted all the way when they told me she needed it... 

I understand. I have felt that way for a couple of days now. I spent hours on the phone trying to get someone to make the change on the insurance card. Thing is, Marketplace has the correct info, but when you get down to the actual company, they have it wrong. I feel like if we take the adoption papers, her DL and SS card we will be good. I do though have an inquiry sent to RC just in case.

Hope you enjoy your trip!