Halloween 2016 on Harmony of the Seas

cjacksonii

Howdy! I have been listening to the podcast for a while, and decided to post a question involving going on the Transatlantic cruise (in less than two weeks!) from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. I've read here that it's known that they do costume contests and parties, and I have heard rumors that that on some ships, they have even let passengers wear costumes to dinner in the main dining room. Not sure if that rumor was true or not, but it does lead me to my question. Now, the question I have does directly involve me, but there's nothing that says this can't help someone else in the future!

What I plan to be doing is a minotaur, a character I do at several renaissance festivals in Texas and Arkansas. As a point of information to help with hopefully answering the questions I have, the costume consists of faux fur leggings, hoof overlays for boots, and a mask. The costume does not include any upper body attire (when I do the character at renaissance festivals, I do add some armor, but that will be a bit too much for luggage on the flight to Barcelona, so I have to do without.).

The question is this: Presuming they allow costumes in the main dining room on Halloween, I would presume that my particular outfit won't be quite suitable unless I add a shirt to the costume (not really a problem, I can wear a sleeveless button-up shirt that would work well with the outfit if I had to.). Out of the complimentary resturaunts on the ship, which ones (if any) might be more conducive to me enjoying a meal in the costume without needing to add a shirt, or being able to get by with adding an open leather vest?

Thanks greatly in advance! Looking forward to the cruise!

Howdy! I have been listening to the podcast for a while, and decided to post a question involving going on the Transatlantic cruise (in less than two weeks!) from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. I've read here that it's known that they do costume contests and parties, and I have heard rumors that that on some ships, they have even let passengers wear costumes to dinner in the main dining room. Not sure if that rumor was true or not, but it does lead me to my question. Now, the question I have does directly involve me, but there's nothing that says this can't help someone else in the future!

What I plan to be doing is a minotaur, a character I do at several renaissance festivals in Texas and Arkansas. As a point of information to help with hopefully answering the questions I have, the costume consists of faux fur leggings, hoof overlays for boots, and a mask. The costume does not include any upper body attire (when I do the character at renaissance festivals, I do add some armor, but that will be a bit too much for luggage on the flight to Barcelona, so I have to do without.).

The question is this: Presuming they allow costumes in the main dining room on Halloween, I would presume that my particular outfit won't be quite suitable unless I add a shirt to the costume (not really a problem, I can wear a sleeveless button-up shirt that would work well with the outfit if I had to.). Out of the complimentary resturaunts on the ship, which ones (if any) might be more conducive to me enjoying a meal in the costume without needing to add a shirt, or being able to get by with adding an open leather vest?

Thanks greatly in advance! Looking forward to the cruise!

My guess is that while it'll probably be totally fitting to wear a costume (MDR formal night on Halloween on Enchantment involved more costumes than formal attire.. however, that was Enchantment and not Harmony)... I'll be willing to guess that ANY of them will require you to wear a shirt. Even during non-dinner hours, shirts are required for eating even in the Windjammer.