Door or Bed by window layout - Serenade of the Seas

levib2

If memory serves me correctly, the only way to know is to figure out one room on a deck that has one configuration (like from looking for a YouTube video tour) and then start counting every other room on that deck to figure out which have which config.

I've seen other topics similar to this on this forum.  Certain ships alternate the beds...near balcony...near door and you can determine this by looking on the deck plan and finding the connected arrows near 2 rooms.  The room on the right of the arrow (when facing the rooms) has the bed near the balcony and the room on the left the bed is away from the balcony.  I am not sure which ships follow this rule though. 

You can try to search on youtube for a specific room number which could help...or just search for balcony rooms (or ocean view if no balcony) and check out the videos.  I believe the ocean view rooms have the beds near the windows.  Also, I do not believe suites follow this pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the counting thing and researched cabin #'s on line.  Called RC to change cabin from one we had to the one next to it which I concluded had couch by balcony.  They told me that they "couldn't guarantee it", but would ask for it to be done.  I'm thinking that the standard balcony cabins on the Serenade all have the bed by the balcony.