*ALLURE*d on the Seas - September 5-12, 2021 LIVEish

AshleyDillo

Wow you can actually see the Pool Deck! The closest we get is usually the view from a heavenly perch in the Coastal  Kitchen.  Your pics look like a place one might be tempted to arrange a semi private morning lap (the moment the pool opens☺️) or even have poolside brunch delivered with so few people on board.  I’ve never seen breathing room like this except windy coolish days when almost nobody wants in.  Any sightings of the Suite Deck tub? 

Tonight was dinner on the balcony. We didn't really leave the room during prime room cleaning hours and we knew we had the show after dinner, so we let the room steward pop in to clean the room whenever he wanted.  He was in and out super fast but still managed to stack and straighten everything in sight like a ninja.

16312321563485359746687259787945.thumb.jpg.ea8c3cbef1040151a1541a5c4c47aa8f.jpg

And he left us a buddy.

Then we had dinner from Chops wheeled into the room...sooooo many plates.  Eleanor the loft attendant my mom and brother know from prior sailings also popped in to wish my brother a happy birthday. 

received_510041953416025.jpeg.6f2b745714fbcd5d67b302d342ab4fb7.jpeg

We invited Alan to sit and eat with us and he did. We had even ordered him his own crab cakes.

It was nice for him to sit for a bit and chat..again that personal touch that makes Star Class so special.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:22 AM, AshleyDillo said:

No real plans to do anything.  I believe this island is on my itinerary again at least 4 times over the next 6 months, so I don't feel like I would be missing out if I let my laziness keep me from getting off the ship.

If you are thrill seekers you should check out Maho Beach and the jet blast.  We had family that did this … they honestly had no idea what they were in for. Had never watched any of the videos. They were well exfoliated and discovering sand in hard to reach places for days.  😂 

https://youtu.be/GqVjD3nBSQg

Today is a sea day. Since we stayed on board for the past two port days it is starting to feel like the movie Groundhog Day. I am absolutely not complaining, though.

The one variation we have is every morning we get a surprise with room service. Despite placing the same order every morning, we always wind up with something different. I am assuming this is due to different interpretations by different staff. "A" spicy bloody mary has come in a count of 1, 2 and 3 over different days. 2 poached eggs and an English muffin has come as 4 eggs with 3 English muffins or 2 eggs with one muffin. An omelet with cheddar cheese has come stuffed with mozzarella or American cheese while the bacon and cheese scramble is topped with cheddar. I have been pleased with their ability to get the bacon crispy, though.

No photos since yestetday was pretty much a fitting all the shows in day bookended by an Izumi Sushi lunch and Coastal Kitchen dinner. My mom loves the veal chop so we had to make sure we ate there that night. Alan arranged for us to have the same waiter and table right by the window in the corner. They also brought out some curry shrimp for me and my brother

20210910_195628.thumb.jpg.f1637a19ca953596b95684c0564be9bf.jpg

Which i felt was much better than the tuna I ordered.

20210910_195633.thumb.jpg.acb15b4cb5ad3e7ba7b51cae41e7e674.jpg

Alan met us in the room and walked us off the ship to the tram to the Beach Club Beach Cabana. This was a last minute fire sale and we got the cabana for $599. It gives access for 8 people and we found someone on a social media roll call group to split it with.

Freedom is at CocoCay with us. It's Freedom's turn for the crew to use the island so Allure crew doesn't get to get off this stop. Alan said they alternate.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:01 PM, AshleyDillo said:

I have been pleased with their ability to get the bacon crispy, though.

Speaking of bacon (most everyone loves bacon), does Chops still serve that Black Pepper Bacon thing?  Hope so, can't wait...........

Fantastic Liveblog you're doing!