Our cruise itinery changed now we cannot go

lisa2609

:( Hi does anyone know what Royal Carribean will do for us as our cruise itineray was changed and now we have 3 days at sea which means my daughter and her 10 month old baby cannot go on the cruise now. This was to be a family holiday we booked 3 rooms and so now we all cannot go as it would be aweful to leave my daughter and her baby home alone while we went on the cruise. I am really hoping Royal Carribean will help to transfer us to another cruise.

Hi I answered this on my phone but it hasnt showed up here so I will try again! There is a rule that says a 10 month old baby cannot be at sea for more than 2 days without a port and the Lifou port on our criuse has been cancelled which now means we have 3 days at sea so Ollie cannot go so we all cannot go, we are very sad as we were all looking forward to the cruise so much.

Hmmm, interesting.  But I would certainly think that because you booked in good faith and well within the rules, and it was Royal Caribbean's change that caused the violation that they would try to assist you in correcting the problem.  Sounds like a call to the resolutions department would be in order.

Thanks for your help our travel agent is looking into it for us but they havnt gotten back to her yet. Im just worried that they will help my daughter and her son out as the change directly affects them but the change in itinrary does not affect my husband, myself or my other daughter and son in law. So what could potentially happen is that my daughter be offered a refund otr a change to another cruise but they may not offer it to us even though my hsband and I paid for the cruise for us to have a holiday all together.