Royal Caribbean Gift Card

I have a Royal Caribbean gift card that I would like to use towards my next cruise purchase. I have heard the struggle to use a RC gift card and I am not too keen on using it. However, I am going on a cruise in 40 days (YAY!!) and I was wondering, if I book my next cruise while on the ship, does anyone know if I can use the gift card there?

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Everything I know about the gift certificates are they must be redeemed before the cruise (not onboard) and they need to be redeemed a certain amount of time in advance.

I would be using it to pay for a new cruise, we are looking at booking a Europe cruise for May 2022. I wasn't sure if I could book the cruise while on the ship and then just use my gift card while I am with there on the ship booking it. 

1 hour ago, ClockingOut said:

I would be using it to pay for a new cruise, we are looking at booking a Europe cruise for May 2022. I wasn't sure if I could book the cruise while on the ship and then just use my gift card while I am with there on the ship booking it. 

Book on the ship to get any OBC or other perks. Then once you get home, apply the GC to your balance.