Samba Grill

Christie

Did it on Allure a couple of years back and would rate it as "ok".

Out of the four of us the two wives felt there was too much food in general and too much meat clearly and didn't care for it.

I enjoyed it but didn't think it was super special and the other husband foolishly ate the salmon off the "appetizer buffet" and dealt with a minor case of food poisoning for the rest of the evening :(

I have not tried a land based version to compare to directly but based on conversations think it is a notch below. Not a crazy price though so still worth considering as an alternative to MDR ... just avoid the fish, its a steakhouse !!

We went once....which was enough for me.  I'm not a huge meat-eater to start with and as JTI mentioned, there is a LOT of meat.

One recommendation for those who decide to give it a try.  WAIT for the good stuff !  Don't let them fill you up on the cheaper cuts of meat which, by design, come out early in the offering. The picanha will, invariably, come out last and it is the best cut.

If you're a big meat-eater and have a big appetite, I think it's a nice venue.  It's very festive with the dancers and music but it's just waaayyy too much meat for me !