Disembarking adventure in san juan

Ok...on the right board this time! Ignore this on dining!

We go on adventure in august. On the last day, our flight doesn't leave til 255. We cant check luggage until 4 hours before, and i hear there is pretty much nothing to do at the airport. Do we get a late number and just take forever getting off? Does taking off your luggage have a firm "depart by" time (we've never done it)?

One other option we could do is the "crummy bacardi tour". Is it worth it in terms of making it easier off the boat? How do post cruise excursions work in terms of favtoring in to getting off the boat? Do they give you any priority in terms of getting off or going through customs?

All these are fwp, but standing in the sun forever waiting to get the luggage checked to the airport sounds like such a bummer ending to the trip, and San juan port sounds less good than port canaveral or tampa at disembarking! Jane

I deleted the accidental post,Mao no worries there.

There will be a final call for all passengers who haven't disembarked to do so. Thus, if I were you, I'd just chill onboard and avoid the rush. By being the last off, you'll be able to go to the airport and check in your luggage.

I enjoyed the Bacardi's distillery tour !

;)

Did you tour the factory? I hear now that they don't, and that was thew interesting part. We might do it just so we don't sit at the airport for 6 hours! I would do the san juan tour, but we are going to walk around on friday before the cruise, and i think id be worrying about time. So maybe i will try this one! Jane

We did what Doc suggested.  We read a book in the bar area by the Next Cruise office until they asked us to leave.  It was about 10:30 am.  At that point there were no lines at customs and quick transfer to the airport.  Early last Nov. major parts of the airport were under renovation. So, there wasn't really a place to hang out other than waiting area.  Fast food was it.  Luggage Butler is not available in San Juan either.  It has been 8 months so maybe things have changed.  Best of luck.