Trying Royal Caribbean after Disney Cruise Line

Sandya

We sailed with the Fantasy a year ago and we looooved it! It was also the last week in April. We stopped at Puerto Rico and since it was Earth Week the entrance to the Forts were free!!

I cannot wait for RCI, but I am feeling a bit un easy on a few things, maybe is the ship we picked????........, I feel that it may not measure against a Disney Ship, so not sure what to expect.

But at the end it would be a nice vacation after the winter we just had!!!

Hey what RCI ship are you sailing on?  Agree its hard to beat some of the fun and service on Disney but I have had great times on many RCI ships too

We are going on the Explorer of the Seas, sailing from NJ and we are saving on airline tickets..... A friend convinces us on going with them. But after doing the research, I notice that this is an old and bit small ship and doesn't have as many great things as other RCI ships. So like I said, not sure that we are measuring apples with apples, but I don't know.... Never sailed with RCI before and I really hope to have a great time since I much rather save on airline fairs.

We are going on the Explorer of the Seas, sailing from NJ and we are saving on airline tickets..... A friend convinces us on going with them. But after doing the research, I notice that this is an old and bit small ship and doesn't have as many great things as other RCI ships. So like I said, not sure that we are measuring apples with apples, but I don't know.... Never sailed with RCI before and I really hope to have a great time since I much rather save on airline fairs.

These days the remaining RC ships that have not been refurbished do seem to me "different" than the ships that have been refurbished.  Explorer is still a great ship but I'm not sure for you it would be worth it to fly to some other port to take advantage of a refurbished ship.

There is Grandeur of the Seas in Baltimore.  Different class of ships but it has been refurbished and that is still driveable for you.

Please note that "old" is a strange term in the cruise line industry, because of how well may cruise lines, including RC, keeps their ships. It won't feel old or dirty--promise.

The ship is NOT small. I assure you. The Voyager class is the first class with a Royal Promenade. It's plenty large, and I even prefer it to Freedom Class ships! Happy sailings!