Labadee Zip line

luv2cruise99

Sailing on the Allure in August and have read so many conflicting reviews on the zip line.  Do you or do you not have to lay back and look at the clouds on the trip down? or can you sit up where you can actually see?  I'd like to hear from anyone who's actually done it recently.

I know it might vary depending on weight, weather, etc but this is a point of contention among our group members in trying to make a decision about this excursion.  Thanks for any help!!

Alisa

Not done it, wife has and my son and I watched a bunch of people waiting for her.

My understanding is that the reclined position is recommended to ensure you pick up enough speed to make it to the end but it doesn't have to be a "full" recline, my wife was able to us her camera coming down and got some pics/video.

Just saw a nice Labadee port tour video on Youtube posted by Derek Picone.  It has a great video of the zipline at 13min and 40sec into the video.  The overall tour is nice too.  Hope this is helpful.  Search "Labadee" on Youtube and it will be one of the first videos.  "Labadee, Haiti: Complete Port Tour".