Entertainment that may not be appropriate for kids

atmuma

I was looking through a recent Cruise Compass and noticed for certain things there was a note that said "adults only" which is awesome they include that note for those of us who are newbies!  My question is, for things that do not have that note attached - magician, comedian, other shows - I would guess it's fine for all ages if there is no "warning"?  Would you agree?

My daughter who is almost 12 loves that kind of stuff and I'd like to take her to those shows.  There are certain things she can handle at this age, but as you can imagine at age 12 there are things that won't fly over her head either (where it may for younger children) that she maybe shouldn't hear or see.

Obviously this type of question is particularly subjective, so I'd keep in mind that any answer could be wrong for one person though right for another.

This disclaimer in mind, I'd say that yes, if something isn't market *adult* you'll likely be just fine with your daughter being there.  RCCL knows their audience, and knows, just as other cruise lines, that they are very frequently family vacation destinations.

I agree, what is acceptable or not to a 12 year old can be subjective. That said, in my experience, almost all of the entertainment is very family friendly. There is sometimes a comedian in the evening that does an "adult" show, and some of the game shows can be risqué. These are normally called out in the Cruise Compass as "adult" and the cruise director will also point out this fact when they make announcements about upcoming shows. It would be very unusual to have adult content in a Royal Caribbean entertainment event unless it was announced ahead of time.

I'll also say that this varies by itinerary and who the cruise director is. On my Norway/Iceland cruise, all adult entertainment was kept at a PG level. When I asked the cruise director about it, he said it was because there were a lot of kids on the sailing and that inevitably they'd be at the shows. However, they still warned that it was adult-oriented.

It very much depends upon the cruise. Take a cruise from Main Land China and the entertainment will be nothing like a cruise from Miami.  But as others have said what is right for some 12 years old is wrong for some people older. I do not believe it is up to Royal to make things work for mall ages, it is up to the parents to take responsibility. Because no one knows the youth better than the parents.