You're not Alone

deep1

One AM is the new 10:00 PM. I fade into sleep by the glow of my laptop...... "Turn right then left" your destination will be on your right." My Hyperhot fiancee turns off the cell phone. Our teens in the back seat wake slowly. In the rear view I see their expressions. Nearly a 1/4 mile long machine 18 stories high and over half a football field wide greets them. Each with a rolling suitcase and backpack we make our way into a giant hall. Though I have some packed everybody gets a new lanyard. Crowds are still light but coming quick. I spy a Crown And Anchor line open. I carry myself as if I'm "someone"  and we are motioned to approach. Check in lightning quick as we are carrying on, not check in.  We are barely seated in the great hall when they announce  we can board. The endless ramp grows shorter as we approach the door... We're in. A world of glitz and glamour accented with shine captivates the teens.  Long lines at the elevator as expected. Its ok. We walk to the far end of the promenade, exploring along the way, to empty elevators,. We are whisked to the high decks. We pass pools and hot tubs. Giant slides  and other attractions mesmerize the kids. We encounter the first of a zillion "washy washy" guitar duos and find a corner of Windjammer. The kids go off and explore then meet back at 1:00 PM to go move into our room. We take the left to a lower deck and walk the halls. We take the sea pass by the door and open to our balcony room. The kids and fiancee beaming... I say "nice but I wonder what this room looks like next door?" The teen girl says " Thats somebody else's room you can't go in there!". I ignore and open that door . The kids are worried that security will surely throw us off. I hand them each a key...  This is yours... They are blown away that I went deep on two. More explore We meet for muster then sail away... We watch people waving at the inlet as we press to the southeast. The promenade grows lively with the first of many parades. The kids meet us at MDR and taste their first escargot. "Rules are simple. Home when Fuel closes. Text when you are in your cabin. Sea pass has some arcade but not a lot. "  The sounds of the sea passing beneath our balcony soothes us and we drift off to sleep...... Bleep bleep bleep... the alarm sounds... I look around my land based room. It seemed so real. I close my eyes... "Soon... Soon this mess will be astern of us and what I just dreamed will again be reality".