Cruise promos

Does anyone else find it annoying that RCCL does not combine C&A discount with most promos?  Starting tomorrow they are having a $100 off promo for 6-9N sailings but because I'm already getting a $100 C&A discount, I can't combine them.  Doesn't seem like loyalty gets you much in discounts.

It is not about giving people the best deal. Royal marketing is about the deal people believe they are getting. Many studies have been done in businesses with negotiated pricing, like car sales. And these studies show on average the customers that got the lowest price deal (Least Dealer Profit) were not the happiest customers. The group on average again, that believed they got a great deal was the ones that paid average to above average profit to the dealer. 

This is why Royal (Cruise Lines) offer so many deals, different people find different things important and believe it makes the best deal.

It is not about giving people the best deal. Royal marketing is about the deal people believe they are getting. Many studies have been done in businesses with negotiated pricing, like car sales. And these studies show on average the customers that got the lowest price deal (Least Dealer Profit) were not the happiest customers. The group on average again, that believed they got a great deal was the ones that paid average to above average profit to the dealer.

This is why Royal (Cruise Lines) offer so many deals, different people find different things important and believe it makes the best deal.

"Deals" should be in quotes with Royal.

While I understand why the discounts aren't combinable--they need to protect their bottom line--they could definitely offer something to C&A members in addition. Even if it was onboard credit, which costs significantly less than the dollar value of the credit, would be welcomed.

To date, though, all of the deals/sales promoted by Royal have been worthless to me as the cabin I've already booked ends up costing more.

I look at it like deals on new cars.  Dealerships often offer something like 0% financing OR a couple thousand dollars cash back.  I pick the right deal for me and run with it. Stackable discounts, in general, are a rare breed.

I understand the reasoning but do find it annoying.

Will I quit cruising over it - no, will I consider an alternative to RCI just because of it - no, is it one of many small things that is leading me to consider other alternatives to RCI - yes, absolutely.

You do have another way to get the attention of Royal over these matters but most passengers would not like it or do it. Very simple, since we all paying Royal for the total charges for the cruise. But we have a few areas we can adjust, If a large number of passengers went to Guest Services and said they would reduce the auto daily gratuity by $100 because we were not allowed to use the C & A Discount it would get the attention of upper management.

Before my fellow posters jump all over me and say it is not fair, the crew works hard, etc, etc, it is a way to get the attention of management.  Is a work strike ever fair to the customers? I had a business years ago in Boston and the dockworkers were on strike, my shipment was stuck on the docks with thousands of others. The dockworkers won in the end in part because normal customers like me were talking to the news media and sending angry calls and messages to the port management. 

But still option is a choice each passenger needs to make.