Name change question

Mhall812

Hello,

I am will be sailing on Symphony in March. My cabin mate may have to back out last minute. She paid for a large portion of her cruise with FCC. If we change the name to someone else, I understand the FCC will not be able to be used. However, will the cruise fare rate get repriced to the current going rate? Or we will just be on the hook for the cost of the FCC?

Not exactly the same thing but, I once repriced a cruise which resulted in the loss of onboard credit which I already spent in the cruise planner.

Royal gave me a time period (one or two weeks) to pay the difference and sent emails almost daily as a reminder.

I assume your situation would be similar, but hopefully someone has a direct answer for you.

FCC treatment can be weird and sometimes wonderful.  What should occur is her FCC is re-issued and possibly available to her for another cruise under the same date restrictions as the original FCC.  With the FCC removed from the booking, the cruise is no longer paid for in full and a payment would be required to satisfy the  difference.  FCC can't be used for port fees and taxes so that will be treated differently.  Having said that, FCC can be somewhat hidden and it's possible the agent changing the name might miss it.  

1 hour ago, Kelly68 said:

What is FCC

Future Cruise Credit or a Future Cruise Certificate.  FCC terms vary by region but typically it's a credit that can be applied towards the cruise fare portion of a cruise.