Just Booked the Smallest Ship and One of the Largest in the Fleet!

KenCP

I just booked Empress of the Seas and also booked Anthem of the Seas.  1840 PAX vs. 5494 PAX!  I love smaller ships and seeing the same crew all the time and even the passengers, can't wait to experience the difference in the two ships.

Empress only has Cops Grill so,  I guess I will be doing the main dining room for the first time on a ship.  I think the small size of the MDR  on Empress will be ok and not to overwhelming with activity and noise like on the larger ships.

Have a great time!

We've had the chance to experience smallest vs. largest, but not so close together. Our first cruise on Royal was Majesty (2010)... our last was Allure (2019). Needless to say, completely different experiences. For now, my wife and I are in the bigger, newer/amped, and more choices is better phase (as you can see from our upcoming cruises!).

I do see the appeal of all of the ships and agree that they all have their place in the fleet. I know some itineraries cannot accommodate the larger ships and/or a smaller ship is more appropriate and more intimate. 

I found out recently that Majesty will be at Coco Cay when we're there on Oasis this June... will bring back memories!