Cabanas and Labadee excursions

Mom2415

Looking for information on the cabana's on Nellie's beach.  Originally had an over the water then changed it to a beach cabana.  The over the water looks beautiful, but I'd rather have easier access to the beach and activities.  Having never been there before, I hope I made the right choice.  Also, looking at the Dragon's waterslide, the coaster ride, and aqua park - these all seem to be for one hour or single ride....is there an "all day" for any of these and I am just missing it?  TIA.  

I booked an over-the-water cabana on Barefoot Beach and I can honestly say that I think I would have enjoyed one back off the water a little bit more.  I had visions of us jumping into the water from the cabana...but it was neither deep enough to do that nor could you have even if you wanted to with the guarding all the way around.

I thought the water was too cold to swim so I never even got in the water !  We were there in Feb.  Had it been warmer maybe the one over the water would have been ok but honestly, by the time you walked around to where the water access was, you could have walked from one of the beach cabanas to the water.  I probably will not spend the money for an O-T-W cabana again.

We just enjoyed the comfortable couches and chairs and chilled out.  I could easily have done that from any cabana on the property.

I believe that the waterslide and the aqua park are all day passes...but not the coaster.  I've never done any of them so I can't say for sure.

From my casual observations, the coaster is available as an all-day excursion when fewer people are at Labadee (a single Freedom-class ship or smaller). If two ships are there, or if an Oasis-class ship is there, then they only offer the single-ride tickets.

That said, I've heard that one can slip some money to the person at Labadee who is administering the ride and get an all-day pass for the coaster. I've not tried this myself, though.

Looking for information on the cabana's on Nellie's beach.  Originally had an over the water then changed it to a beach cabana.  The over the water looks beautiful, but I'd rather have easier access to the beach and activities.  Having never been there before, I hope I made the right choice.  Also, looking at the Dragon's waterslide, the coaster ride, and aqua park - these all seem to be for one hour or single ride....is there an "all day" for any of these and I am just missing it?  TIA.  

I have booked cabanas twice at Nellie's. Bother were over the water cabanas.  

The benefit of the over the water cabanas is the quietness/seclusion.  You get far more privacy than the beach cabanas. But as you noted, the beach cabanas have easier access to the ocean.  Over the water cabanas have a private staircase, but it leads right into the middle of the water.  This is more of an issue for children.