Hair dryers

Hi Guys, we are cruising on the Voyager of The Seas on the 4/4/16.

My question is in the stateroom for my wife she wants to use her hair straightener and hair dryer, we need to use an adaptor for USA, 110 volts AC and standard european 220/230 volts AC outlets was the recomendation for USA, we bourght a 10A 120V AC adaptor to suit for conversion to use Australian appliance.

With my wifes hair straightener and hair dryer being 10A 250 Volts.

Will this work or do we require something else to rectify the problem.

Thanks 

Hi! I have just come back from a trip on the Voyager. You will love it! There are both US and European plugs in the rooms. You will need a European adaptor (two round prongs) for the hair straighteners. The US adapters are fine for recharging phones etc, but the EU one is a must for the straighteners. I took one and they worked perfectly. There is a hairdryer already in each room in drawer of dressing table. Have an awesome trip! If you are early risers, I recommend getting up early for the sunrises - they are spectacular

According to RCC web site the only exception to the ban on things that can generate heat for a fire issue is hair straighteners and curling irons. They ARE allowed. The hair dryer is already in your room.

Yes you are correct and the website says that. But like so many things Royal if you look, you will find they also have another policy may times in conflict with these stated policies. From the Guest Conduct Policy:

"Prohibited Items

Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted onboard. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed."

Most guest have not even heard about this policy, but it is what Royal uses many times if you want to file complaints on the cruise. It seems they use this Guest Conduct Policy as a weapon they try to hold over you. If you let them, because many passengers are not really required to follow it, another hole in the Royal System, which I will not post about because I do not want to see it corrected. The Guest Code of Conduct  is about nine pages if you want to read it. 

Yes you are correct and the website says that. But like so many things Royal if you look, you will find they also have another policy may times in conflict with these stated policies. From the Guest Conduct Policy:

"Prohibited Items

Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted onboard. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed."

Most guest have not even heard about this policy, but it is what Royal uses many times if you want to file complaints on the cruise. It seems they use this Guest Conduct Policy as a weapon they try to hold over you. If you let them, because many passengers are not really required to follow it, another hole in the Royal System, which I will not post about because I do not want to see it corrected. The Guest Code of Conduct  is about nine pages if you want to read it. 

Well your quote looks like curling irons are permitted. I'm also bringing my hair straightener. I don't know very many women with my curly type hair, that would travel without their hair straightener! :-D