Sales

There is always a "sale" going on.  Even if the next "sale" sounds different, the actual price may or may not change.  Most "sales" refer to the effect on the first two guests, more passengers in the same room, makes things a bit more unpredictable but in general guests 3 and up are cheaper than guests 1 & 2.  So for example, "30% off", "60% off the second guest", and "buy one, get the second for 50% off" are all the same or almost the same "sale" but they also constantly update the base price depending on how well a cruise is selling so the price might go up or down on a weekly or daily basis.  The only advice anyone can give you is to book when you see a price you like.  Then, check back every so often and see if your room type on your cruise date is currently more or less expensive.  If cheaper, call and rebook.

1 hour ago, preemieparentsof3 said:

There is a 30% off sale currently through today. DO you think there will be a better sale just after Christmas, or should one hop on this deal?

In my opinion, don't try to time a sale.

Instead, book as soon as you know you want to book a cruise. Prices tend to go up over time, and the earlier you book, (generally speaking) the lower the price.

If you live in a country like USA or Canada, you can always rebook if the price drops tomorrow, next week, next month...all the way up to final payment date.

7 minutes ago, preemieparentsof3 said:

So even if I pay it all at once, I can rebook and they will refund the difference, with no change fees? (Newbie here)

I would not recommend that you <ever> pay the entire balance.  Always leave a small balance until final payment.  If you book under US booking rules (USA or Canada) you can reprice the cruise as many times as you like (assuming the cruise fare goes down...unlikely, but possible) right up until final payment is due.  While technically you can do that even if you pay the cruise in full, it is always EASIER to reprice if you still owe a balance.  There are some things (such as transferring your booking to a Travel Agent) that become very much more difficult if you have paid your balance in full.

You might also consider booking a refundable fare (as long as you're not in a Grand Suite or higher).  That way, you can change your mind and get a refund right up until final payment date.  The baseline price on a refundable fare is going to cost more but it gives you far more flexibility than a non-refundable fare does.