Falmouth, independent or RCL excursions.

Zipitidoda

Hello!  I'm cruising in a little over a month and one of our ports is Falmouth.  The Blue Hole sounds very interesting but it's far from the port and not offered by RCL.  Has anyone done this?  Would you use an independent?  What else is a good excursion for two adults and two teens in Falmouth?

1 hour ago, Zipitidoda said:

Hello!  I'm cruising in a little over a month and one of our ports is Falmouth.  The Blue Hole sounds very interesting but it's far from the port and not offered by RCL.  Has anyone done this?  Would you use an independent?  What else is a good excursion for two adults and two teens in Falmouth?

Our favorite excursion in Jamaica (my son and I) was climbing Dunn's River Falls.   My wife just observed and walked along the pathway.  We actually combined it with a dolphin experience.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We have friends that did this through a 3rd party and said that it was actually very strenuous. The wives in the group actually couldn’t keep up and opted to sit out part of the excursion. They did say it was beautiful.

My husband and the boys are very active.  I'm the only one I think I'd worry about. ?

18 hours ago, Zipitidoda said:

How were the crowds at Dunn River Falls.  

Crowds weren't a factor, although whenever a bus unloads there is a surge.  The locals are a bit aggressive after your hike in trying to sell you local crafts.  You'll probably find that everywhere in Jamaica due to high unemployment.

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2019 at 12:42 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We have friends that did this through a 3rd party and said that it was actually very strenuous. The wives in the group actually couldn’t keep up and opted to sit out part of the excursion. They did say it was beautiful.

Out of curiosity - how is the fitness level of this group that thought this was strenuous?  We’re a pretty active and fit crew (me, DH, boys 12 and 10) and are considering doing blue hole.   No judgement - just trying to sort through all this.    The waterfalls look like a gong show in almost every photo I see, but I don’t want to get anyone in over their heads somewhere else either.  

TIA

11 hours ago, DJsMrs said:

Out of curiosity - how is the fitness level of this group that thought this was strenuous?  We’re a pretty active and fit crew (me, DH, boys 12 and 10) and are considering doing blue hole.   No judgement - just trying to sort through all this.    The waterfalls look like a gong show in almost every photo I see, but I don’t want to get anyone in over their heads somewhere else either.  

TIA

No worries.  That group was a mixed bag but we are all in the 50-60 age group and mostly average in mobility. I’m sure that if you are all even moderately fit you will be fine.