Excursion Thoughts - 4 Night Bahamas

minniemouse27

We will be on the Majesty in July and the days are split as:

Port

CocoCay

Nassau

Day at Sea

Port

Back in 2011 we stopped at Nassau as part of a Disney cruise and the kids were extremely uncomfortable with the in your face reception offering rides, taxis, & water taxis. They were extremely intrusive and the kids almost immediately asked to return to the ship. We walked past the gauntlet on the pier, visited the Hard Rock (dh collects their glasses), and Straw Market, but the kids just wanted back on the ship.

They are obviously older now (10yo & 15yo), but they remember and are hesitant to do any foray into Nassau on our own. They are okay with trying an excursion through the ship, but they are also okay staying on board. We are 100% not interested in Atlantis.

That all said...

Our main goal for this short cruise is relaxing and that includes beach time. We are more than happy to soak up the beach in CocoCay, but I read that there is a fair probability that it could be skipped due to weather and tendering issues. So I'm coming up with options. (Luckily CocoCay is scheduled for the first day.)

Option 1 (Awesome Weather)

CocoCay - Beach time (Still deciding if the Aqua Park is worth the $$)

Nassau - Glass Bottom Boat tour. (Gets us off the ship for a little while and my science kid will love it)

Option 2 (Crappy Weather, no CocoCay Stop)

Nassau - Blue Lagoon Island Deluxe Beach Break

(There is another glass bottom boat tour on CocoCay but I would rather spend our time at the beach. :-) )

Are either of these excursions worth it? I figure we can wait until we get on board to book anything depending on the weather. If CocoCay is skipped on day 2, would they swap it out w/ the sea day on day 4 or is the island booked up too much for them to have that kind of flexibility?

I'm sorry...lots of questions. Just trying to figure out the options available. :-)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

We've done so much beach time I try to avoid it as much as possible.  When we go to Nassau we have lunch at the Poop Deck.  We work with a guy whos family owns it.  Good, fresh seafood and over looks the marina.  Its expensive but its all we do (other than go to Fat Tuesday for 100 proof slurpees). 

Blue lagoon was very nice, almost Cococay like! Enjoyable ride over, nice lagoon, decent lunch. They also have dolphin encounter excursions there, and there were places to watch them without buying that. A quick walk from the lagoon puts you at the north beach, secluded, relaxing.