Forum Question

tarrkid

Hi all... Trying to get the best forum experience here, and I'm struggling with how to keep up with NEW topics that get posted, while being able to ignore ones that I've already seen... The "Unread Content" button doesn't quite do it for me...

Let me 'splain... And let me commit that cardinal sin of saying "OTHER sites I go to operate this OTHER way..." Here's the experience that I would want.

I've posted in a few topics, and followed a few more beyond those. There are dozens of active topics that I know I'm not interested in and would prefer to never see again. And there are new topics that get posted that I do want to see.

The view I would like would be made up of new content posted to the topics I follow, plus any NEW topics posted. But those topics that I've already visited but chosen NOT to follow, they shouldn't show for me anymore on this view I'm wishing for.

It's probably because that's what I'm used to on the boardgamegeek.com forums.

So, I guess if there's a way for that Unread Content page to show only NEW and FOLLOWED topics, that's what I'm looking for. Right now the signal-to-noise ratio of seeing ALL unread content is a little overwhelming.

Anyhow, sorry for the overly long explanation!

On 8/18/2019 at 9:58 PM, tarrkid said:

HA no. I cruise with my family like once every few years, and none of my family would be up for a BGG@SEA trip. ?

well dang.. lol! the good thing about it (for future reference) is the discount is nice, and you don't have to buy the gaming pass for everyone. you could go together and you could split off to play games while others in your party did whatever they want! we are still going on excursions in every port and going to see shows. we will just have a lot of game time in between!!