Royal Caribbean for Christmas

Matt

Guest Ronaldka

Hi to all members on this community i am thanks to the administrator of this forum for approve my account i am sure here i got better knowledge thanks again. My name is Ronald.

My name is Ronald. Am new here. Am getting a lot of help from this forum.

Welcome!  :D

Hi to all members on this community i am thanks to the administrator of this forum for approve my account i am sure here i got better knowledge thanks again. My name is Ronald.

There are many knowledgeable people on this forum to help answer any questions you may have! Welcome to the community.

We just returned on Saturday (28 Dec) :). Serenade of the Seas was a beautiful, although smaller ship. The first stop was Key West, we got a massage before we did a little shopping in port. Next stop was Nassau, we spent a few hours at Blue Lagoon Island before headed into town for dinner. It was Christmas eve so most of the town closed up early. Christmas day we were supposed to tender over to CocoCay but the seas had turned rough and it wasn't safe to transport so we missed out on that trip, but the time on board to relax was great.

It was a nice cruise as usual but the food and main dining room service was hardly up to RCCL standards. :( It almost seemed as if it were a training cruise for the dining room and kitchen staff.  We had never been to one of the onboard restaurants so ,the last night on board we went to Giovanni's Table, the food was great and I had the best Tiramisu I have ever had, it was excellent, better than anything in the main dining room.

I will post a review of the cruise later this week, just wanted to answer you question. Booked our next cruise onboard, June, Jewel of the Seas! :D

It was a nice cruise as usual but the food and main dining room service was hardly up to RCCL standards. :( It almost seemed as if it were a training cruise for the dining room and kitchen staff.  We had never been to one of the onboard restaurants so ,the last night on board we went to Giovanni's Table, the food was great and I had the best Tiramisu I have ever had, it was excellent, better than anything in the main dining room.

I will post a review of the cruise later this week, just wanted to answer you question. Booked our next cruise onboard, June, Jewel of the Seas! :D

Sorry to hear about the food. So it was just the MDR that was disappointing?

• 2 weeks later...

The Windjammer was pretty much like always. The MDR was the big disappointment. the food was "so, so" and the wait staff was really off. We had to ask for iced tea the first 4 nights and coffee every night. no one else was offered tea. it took so long to get our food after placing our orders that I started timing them. One night it took almost 15 minutes to get dessert and he only had 3 tables and none were full (the others had 6 seats ours had 10 and none were full). We would sit for quite a while waiting for the next course. I always order the sugar free dessert and they were all the same, flavor didn't even change. One night I ordered the Crème Bulee and it wasn't worth the sugar and calories!

We have a cruise booked for June so hopefully this past one was just a fluke and the next will be wonderful as usual!!

The Windjammer was pretty much like always. The MDR was the big disappointment. the food was "so, so" and the wait staff was really off. We had to ask for iced tea the first 4 nights and coffee every night. no one else was offered tea. it took so long to get our food after placing our orders that I started timing them. One night it took almost 15 minutes to get dessert and he only had 3 tables and none were full (the others had 6 seats ours had 10 and none were full). We would sit for quite a while waiting for the next course. I always order the sugar free dessert and they were all the same, flavor didn't even change. One night I ordered the Crème Bulee and it wasn't worth the sugar and calories!

We have a cruise booked for June so hopefully this past one was just a fluke and the next will be wonderful as usual!!

Did you say something to head waiter?  I hate that feeling of being the last table to get anything.  I had one cruise where I noticed we were always last so I said something and things turned around the next night.