Cruise Planner Deals

Is there any way to get alerts as to when prices may go down on packages in Cruise Planner?  Or, is it just a check-in-daily kind of thing?  We probably aren't buying too much, but have heard that "deals" can happen on dining and beverage packages.  Do I just have to check in every morning?  

TIA. 

9 minutes ago, Lovestotravel said:

Is there any way to get alerts as to when prices may go down on packages in Cruise Planner?  Or, is it just a check-in-daily kind of thing?  We probably aren't buying too much, but have heard that "deals" can happen on dining and beverage packages.  Do I just have to check in every morning?  

TIA. 

You could, or you could respond to marketing e-mails when you are registered in Crown and Anchor.  I usually receive a couple each week, and if I check out cruise prices, I get an e-mail reminding me that I haven't finished the purchase processs....  So you can depend upon Royal to nag you.   But as has been stated before, what is actually on sale depends upon supply and demand, so if you stick to typically popular excursions/amenities, don't expect much discounting.  I have seen prices for my choices fluctuate a few $$, but I have never repriced.  Others reprice all the time, which makes me wonder what they are buying -- perhaps higher priced, premium excursions or packages for which a discount would be significant.

The best deal is to order what you really want before you get on the ship.   Example, if you are going to eat in a specialty restaurant at least 2 nights, you might as well consider a 3 night package which is often offered at $99 whereas a la carte two restaurants would be about the same price.  You are getting an extra premium dinner free.   

We don't see the value in specialty restaurants, so we don't buy the packages, but lots of members really love them, so they buy the unlimited dining package at about $175 for 7 nights ($25 per person per dinner), a big discount from $45 or $50 for one dinner on line.

We usually check daily and we get some emails close to our cruises.  Even a few bucks helps us cruise more so we will cancel and rebook for discounts.  It depends who we are cruising with as to what we buy.  With the kids we are purchases extra internet packages and refreshment package plus usually an excursion.  With just hubby and I we get the drink package and he likes to get the dining packages.