Biggest Royal Caribbean story of 2013?

Matt

Now that 2013 is almost over, I was curious what you all thought was the biggest Royal Caribbean news story of 2013 in terms of importance?

FYI I posted a new blog post showing the top 10 news stories from 2013 based on page views: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/12/20/top-10-royal-caribbean-stories-of-2013

• 2 weeks later...

For me it was the changes to the all-inclusive drink packages.

Love the new options, and love the fact that you have some much choice and flexibility.

For alot of others I know, this was one of the biggest things holding them back from cruising. The unknown and the horror stories of $1000's of exepenses at the end of your cruise.(mainly booze of course..lol)

Now to be able to budget, plan and for each person to be able to choose different packages, or no package at all is great!

Probably in scope of size I would rate the biggest news stories this year as happening toward the end of the year.

1. Anthem of the Seas Southampton/Ft. Lauderdale Homeport Announcement 

2. Quantum of the Seas Mamma Mia Broadway Show Announcement

3. Oasis 3 Steel Cutting

4. Sabor Modern Mexican Announcement (as I saw posted first here at RCLBlog)

5. Grandeur of the Seas Fire (This isn't a happy news story, however I think the way Royal Caribbean responded really made the story almost a non-newsworthy event. The media loves a scandal and there just wasn't anything like that here.)

Hopefully 2014 will bring lots of new news about the Quantum class. I cannot believe how slow things are being released. Anthem is set to debut a few months after Quantum and we know nothing about her Broadway show or itinerary. Also we "virtually" know nothing about anything inside the ship besides that 270 room and the virtual balcony rooms.