Getting off ship in Belize

cdixon22

We have an excursion booked thru our travel agent for Belize next month on Independence of the Seas.  Since it is not booked thru RCL any suggestions on getting off the ship quickly in Belize?  Our tour starts about an hour after we arrive in Belize and looks like we are being tendered to shore.  Any help would be appreciated.

On the Liberty a couple of weeks ago, they distributed tender tickets to those not on Royal tours the night before. My suggestion is to check the Cruise Compass for the time and place and arrive 20-30 minutes early to get a ticket to be one of the first off.

I was also on Liberty for its last run before dry dock a couple of weeks ago, and I have a couple of additional points. It is a VERY long tender from the ship to the shore in Belize. Expect twenty minutes from the time it leaves the ship until it arrives at the dock, and then add to that loading and unloading time, and finding your excursion guide once at the dock. That's assuming everything goes smoothly ... when we were returning to the ship, the waves were too big so safely pull alongside, and they had to rotate the entire cruise ship to shelter the gangway; in total it took 45 minutes from the time we left the dock until we were back on the ship. So by all means try to be on the first tender.