Other Lines for Mediterranean?

cruise-y

Well, yesterday wrote a reply to his, never hit 'reply' and then restarted my browser.  Go me.

I can't speak to Crystal as I haven't sailed them before.

Cunard is a truly unique experience.  I describe a Cunard sailing as the Titanic before the iceberg scene.  It is a style of cruising that no longer exists.  Things are quite formal, though less stuffy than you might expect.  Service is top notch and will leave you wanting for nothing.  Despite what we think of British food, you'll find their offering quite good.  

Oceania offers anticipatory service, less in your face, but ever-present.  Some of the best food I've ever had has been on-board Oceania.  The experience is very casual, you needn't bring a jacket on Oceania if you don't want.  You'll find far fewer activities and such than on Cunard, sometimes because they're so port intensive, hitting smaller ports that larger ships can't.

I can't pick a favorite cruise line, been on many, and I enjoy them for different reasons.  What I will tell you is that if you're looking for top-notch experiences that make sure you're well taken care of, Oceania and Cunard are really great.

Hi cruise-y and welcome
Feel free to contact me personally and I can help you with this

I would agree with monorailmedic above too

Oceania is exceptional if you like food and good wine.
Crystal is one of the best though too and I would not hesitate putting you on either
of these lines for the Med.  Cunard is a wonderful line, but not my first choice for

that destination.

Well, yesterday wrote a reply to his, never hit 'reply' and then restarted my browser.  Go me.

I can't speak to Crystal as I haven't sailed them before.

Cunard is a truly unique experience.  I describe a Cunard sailing as the Titanic before the iceberg scene.  It is a style of cruising that no longer exists.  Things are quite formal, though less stuffy than you might expect.  Service is top notch and will leave you wanting for nothing.  Despite what we think of British food, you'll find their offering quite good.  

Oceania offers anticipatory service, less in your face, but ever-present.  Some of the best food I've ever had has been on-board Oceania.  The experience is very casual, you needn't bring a jacket on Oceania if you don't want.  You'll find far fewer activities and such than on Cunard, sometimes because they're so port intensive, hitting smaller ports that larger ships can't.

I can't pick a favorite cruise line, been on many, and I enjoy them for different reasons.  What I will tell you is that if you're looking for top-notch experiences that make sure you're well taken care of, Oceania and Cunard are really great.

Thank you very much for this excellent summary.  It is exactly what I needed to know.