CocoCay waterpark...

kittysoul

Is the paid waterpark part of CocoCay worth it for a family with a 5 yr old.  Just trying to decide if we should put our money towards everyone doing that, or going to a theme park in Orlando with the budgeted money...  I guess my question is it a 'great' waterpark... lots of bang for the big bucks... or would we have as much fun on the free parts of the island?    Thanks for your opinions and thoughts!!  

We didn't go to the waterpark (out of principle), but have enjoyed the free beach and free snorkeling (using our equipment).  Over the years, we've been to Coco Cay at least three times, so we have come to know it as a relaxing beach day.  You will find live music or exhibition dancing, food, gift shops, plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas. swimming, etc.  If we wanted a water park, as you indicated, we would have gone elsewhere before or after the cruise.   However, there have been many visitors to the water park, and you will receive many comments on your question.

I think for a 5 year old there's more than enough at the free parts of the park to keep a kiddo entertained.  There's a kids splash area that is free and the huge Oasis Lagoon pool has a lot of shallow areas for kids to play in.  Then there's also the beach.  

The only things you're really going to miss out on the waterpark is the slides and the wave pool, and I think a handful of the slides probably have height requirements.  Unless you score a good deal on the waterpark admission, I would skip it.