Varying C&A levels within travel group

map

We are all traveling together in 2 cabins but my mom is Diamond + and the rest of us are only Platinum (after this cruise Emerald). What does this mean in terms of seating at shows. I believe she can sit in a reserved section but technically we can’t, does that mean in order to sit together she has to give up benefit?

26 minutes ago, map said:

We are all traveling together in 2 cabins but my mom is Diamond + and the rest of us are only Platinum (after this cruise Emerald). What does this mean in terms of seating at shows. I believe she can sit in a reserved section but technically we can’t, does that mean in order to sit together she has to give up benefit?

Welcome to the message boards!  As a lowly diamond myself, I cannot answer this question with 100% certainty, but I think that the best thing to do is ask onboard.  There will be a very nice crew member guarding the seating, and it's up to them to police the rows.  If there isn't a huge number of D+, Pinnacle members on board that sailing, there will most likely be room.  But, the suite guests also get to sit there, so you may have to wait until a few minutes before the show starts to see what's open.  Just sit close by, and let the crew member know you'd like to move there if room.  If they say no, you can't join in right away.  The Key also gets special seating, but it's been reported they get their own area, separate from the others.

It also depends on the ship. We recently got off the Liberty and there was NO Diamond + seating at any of the shows. The only people who got special seating were passengers with a gold card. It was our first D+ cruise and we were disappointed.

The broad rule is that any C&A benefits are for the individuals who have earned that status only.  Meaning if your card says X then that is what you get regardless of other's in the cabin or your party.  

It's very common for people in a group to have varying status and the limited areas for a particular level weren't designed to accomodate numbers beyond those who have that status.   

From boarding zones, to seating areas to the Diamond Club the rule is members at that level only.

Having said that I've seen reserved seating areas lightly filled and I've seen them packed.  Numbers at each level vary each cruise and sometimes they may not designate a section or enforce one.  By policy they have every right to deny anyone whose card doesn't indicate they belong there.