Kohunlich Mayan Ruin Excursion on June 13

jrees19

Has anyone done the Kohunlich Mayan Ruin Excursion in Costa Maya through RC?  I've always wanted to see a Mayan Ruin and will be there next week. My husband isn't going on this cruise, but now has me petrified to go anywhere beyond port! His concern is the bus breaking down and not getting back to the boat in time, security, etc. This is my first cruise and I want it to be memorable - but in a good way!! Any insight is greatly appreciated.

41 minutes ago, jrees19 said:

Has anyone done the Kohunlich Mayan Ruin Excursion in Costa Maya through RC?  I've always wanted to see a Mayan Ruin and will be there next week. My husband isn't going on this cruise, but now has me petrified to go anywhere beyond port! His concern is the bus breaking down and not getting back to the boat in time, security, etc. This is my first cruise and I want it to be memorable - but in a good way!! Any insight is greatly appreciated.

If it's a RC excursion, you don't have to worry about getting back to the boat in time.  That's one of the benefits of going through the cruiseline, so don't let that scare you from booking it.

This wasn't the exact one we did in December 2017, but we did take one of the Mayan Ruin Excursions through RC.  It was a very nice chartered bus...plush seats, air-con.  It was a nice excursion and something we never would have done any other time. We enjoyed learning the history of the Mayans in general and the specific village we were at.  Enjoy!

I will say that I was motion sick that evening getting back on the ship.  I had packed motion sickness meds and hadn't needed any yet on the ship, and so I didn't take any before the excursion...should have.  But that was the only time I was motion sick. 

So, if you are prone to motion sickness, just remember your meds.  ?