Royal Caribbean Gift Card

4 hours ago, Lovelysmile29 said:

I have the option to receive  a gift card from my job for Royal Caribbean.  The terms say that I am not allowed to use it as an onboard credit but I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with trying to use a gift card to purchase things using cruise planner.

I believe you can use it as onboard credit but you cannot use it in your cruise planner.  If you follow the directions for redemption, it will show up in your account once you get onboard.  I'm pretty sure that needs to be done 2 weeks before your cruise.  You might want to call Royal to ensure that you abide by the terms.  Would hate to have you get one and not be able to use it.  

Make sure you REALLY understand the fine print.  We do an ongoing fundraiser through our church...we purchased 2 $500 RC gift certificates to use on a cruise...and thought we understood the terms, but then tried to use them and we were wrong...so we sat on $1000 for year before we could use them again on a different cruise.  Our had to ONLY be used to book a new cruise, not to pay on a cruise already booked AND not to use toward OBC.   I do understand that some gift cards/certificates have differing qualifications, just make sure you understand them.  Call the customer service number on it and ask questions. 

On 5/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, Lovelysmile29 said:

I have the option to receive  a gift card from my job for Royal Caribbean.  The terms say that I am not allowed to use it as an onboard credit but I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with trying to use a gift card to purchase things using cruise planner.

I recently also purchased a egift card and tried to use. The terms of my gift card stated that I could not use it for onboard credit nor could i use for cruise planner purchases. I was only able to use it to offset the cost of my cruise. You also had to be very careful as the redemption isn't done via the website but by a royal Caribbean redemption email. It also takes at least 5 to 10 business days for them to process. So you want to make sure you get it applied to your reservation soon than later.