The Best Thing about Cruising . . .

DocLC

Today, my son (8) randomly says to me as we're getting ready to leave the house, "You know what the best part of cruising is? It's that you make friends from all over the world." This melted my heart plus it tells me there's much more to cruising than surf simulators, ice skating, bumper cars, etc. And while I don't want to give any of these things up, I also think it's reassuring that an 8 year old sees this as the best part of cruising.

What's the best part of cruising for you?

I agree with your son in that one of the best things about cruising is the people you meet and the friends you make. Some you keep in touch with , some you don't but they all make each cruise experience different, memorable and unique.

I used to travel to the Caribbean for years and stay at AI's and I have to admit that it was rare to meet people at the resort that you hung around with during the week or even kept in touch with. However, right from my first cruise ever its been a great experience making and meeting new friends from all over. Have even made plans to cruise again with some of these people.

Of course there are some other very good parts about cruising....the warm weather, the amazing food and all the drinks......

I think the best thing about cruising is that it takes the burden off. It's priced right and it's all-inclusive. You disconnect from your day-to-day life. You don't have to think much about it - it's all planned out for you. You can do everything or nothing, and either way, you're right. It's just such a pressure-free experience. All worries melt away.