Travel adapter

Nex

I know power bars or anything with surge protectors are not allowed on cruises and will be confiscated.  How about a travel adapter like this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/SAUNORCH-Universal-International-Worldwide-Electrical/dp/B07B4GPJ56/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=travel+adapter&qid=1555086212&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

it doesn’t have surge protection, but does have “built in safety shutters and fuse”

thanks! 

Because it allows for other things to plug into it (as opposed to USB cables), it's possible it could be a problem.  In our collective experience, it largely depends on the security screener you happen to run into.

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because it allows for other things to plug into it (as opposed to USB cables), it's possible it could be a problem.  In our collective experience, it largely depends on the security screener you happen to run into.

I'd wager that would make it through 95% of the time. They're mostly looking for strips I think. 

5 hours ago, Nex said:

I know power bars or anything with surge protectors are not allowed on cruises and will be confiscated.  How about a travel adapter like this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/SAUNORCH-Universal-International-Worldwide-Electrical/dp/B07B4GPJ56/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=travel+adapter&qid=1555086212&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

it doesn’t have surge protection, but does have “built in safety shutters and fuse”

thanks! 

That is the exact same travel adapter that I purchased for my cruise last December and I plan on being the adapter on my next cruise in about 2 weeks.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

On my cruise last December I had brought a travel adapter and it was not confiscated because I put the adapter in my checked luggage and I was not called down to the naughty room.