Looking for Info on balconies bordering hump on Allure

Hi All,

First, just want to say thanks for all the information and community I have found on this board.  I'd spent hours and hours and hours reading before our first RC cruise on Indy last month.  We enjoyed it so much that we are now looking to book on Allure in November.  I have a couple of questions on room selection.  After reading posts, I think we are interested in Deck 8 due to close proximity to Central Park.  That deck has a couple of cabins that are at the beginning and end of the hump which appear to have larger balconies (at an angle).   Couple of questions:  How much bigger is the balcony?  Is before or after the hump more preferable? For some reason, the one behind the hump looks bigger to me.  Do I need to worry about noise from Central Park? For this sailing to the eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, St. Kitts and PD), would either of these cabins be facing the ports?  Thanks in advance for any help!

image.png.4f9eded426c1f3c6a0fb1e0c70b49da5.png

Janesta

I can't speak to these specific cabins, but I can say from experience that near hump balcony cabins very from ship class to ship class as to where the extra space goes.  Sometimes there is more space on the balcony or sometimes there is extra unusable space in the cabin.  It varies.  Try Googling the cabin numbers.  Sometimes somebody does a cabin review.  I even found a Youtube video of one of our cabins once.

Good Luck.

I love cabins on decks 6, 7 or 8 because of the proximity to Central Park.   I've booked 7190 on an Oasis class cruise since it splits the difference - up one flight to Central Park, down one flight to deck 6 with Schooner Bar and Boardwalk.  

I've stayed in a JS on the ramp of the hump - 7248.  You notice the extra depth.  The two loungers could be turned straight out pointing to the sea.  Since it's a JS it had a table with chairs plus two loungers.  Cabin 7190 it isn't as wide as a JS balcony so it won't have table, chairs and loungers, but it is also on the ramp like 8190.

IMO you will notice the difference on the balcony.  I went with 7190 because it is forward facing.  

I just went back and looked and we were in 10590 which is akin to 8190 that you circled.  The balcony was slightly bigger and if i remember correctly, you could note the angle in the railing.  Even though we were at the front of the hump, the wind wasn't bad.  If you want to look behind, you do have to crane your neck some.  I can't say that particular balcony blew me away but it was certainly fine and we enjoyed it.