MDR Seating Assignment

lildawgscottFL

Does anyone know if there is a method to their madness when assigning seating in the MDR? In other words, do they use demographics or something?

I'm sure there is some strategy.  For example, solo cruisers have been known to be seated together.  

I assume it has more to do with the makeup of the guests and how many groups there are and figuring out which combination makes sense.

I agree with Matt, they must have some strategy.  We did My Time Dining and booked a couple of specialty restaurants.  We had an amazing Head Waiter in the MDR that made sure we either were seated at the same table (#514 :) on Liberty - Merry Chris was our waiter and Hank was her assistant waiter) every night regardless of time or another table in the same section (if we had late reservations and the table was occupied) so we could have the same waiter/assistant waiter.  He (Shareef) always took the time to stop by our table to chat, etc.  We were usually a group of four so we never had to sit with another group.  We must have driven them crazy... some nights our reservations were at 6:00, 6:30, or 8:00!

For lunch (when we chose the MDR over the Windjammer or Johnny Rocket's), since we did not always dine with family, my wife and I would ask for a table for two and they always accomodated us... usually by a window.