Specialty Dining on Symphony

Pam

I was reading another thread about specialty restaurants and though I understood the pricing.  On my upcoming Symphony cruise, my cruise planner says dinner at Chops will cost me $52.99 per person.  On the Royal App, it lists the on board price of dinner at Chops for my cruise as $39+18% gratuity = $46.02.  Am I missing something? Is there an additional tax added to the cruise planner price or am I paying $6.97 extra to book ahead?

This also happens with Jamies:  Cruise planner price $45.99, on board price on the Royal App $31+18%= $36.58

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Pam said:

I was reading another thread about specialty restaurants and though I understood the pricing.  On my upcoming Symphony cruise, my cruise planner says dinner at Chops will cost me $52.99 per person.  On the Royal App, it lists the on board price of dinner at Chops for my cruise as $39+18% gratuity = $46.02.  Am I missing something? Is there an additional tax added to the cruise planner price or am I paying $6.97 extra to book ahead?

This also happens with Jamies:  Cruise planner price $45.99, on board price on the Royal App $31+18%= $36.58

Thanks!

I was told many times by the staff onboard the app is not very reliable. Unfortunately Royal is known for poor IT and mistakes. I have a strong feeling what you were seeing was a mistake. I never saw any dining discounts on Symphony besides buying a dining package and the reason for that is they don't need to. So many people on Symphony wanted to take advantage of specialty dining. One night I went to Jamie's and it was packed so packed that it took 2 hours for my boyfriend and I to eat. So yeah my advice would be buy at least a 3 night dining package its so worth it and fun to go to different places besides just the MDR