Navigator of The Seas 1/31 looking for other families to do an mail exchange with

Angie4444

Didn't know if there was a place to connect with other families that would be interested in a version of Disney's Fish Extenders on the Navigator of The Seas departing on 1/31/2016.  We are a family of 4 and this will be our children's first cruise experience so we were looking for that extra bit of fun for them.  We have had family do several Disney cruises and they are always sharing their Fish Extender experience.  Anyone know of a place we can connect with other families that might be interested in the same thing?

For those that never heard of it.   It is a simple mail pouch you can put by your door and leave things for other families that are participating in it.  It can be notes, games, made items, or small purchased items... so many possibilities (pinterest has hundreds of ideas). It just  gives the children something to look forward to, getting to check  each time they go by their door and see what fun things might have been left for them.  You can also meet up with the families if you want so you kids can meet new friends.

If anyone can point me in the right direction if something like this already exists, or if anyone wants to participate in it please comment.

I've never seen this on any other line. My advice would be to join a roll call thread on a site like Cruise Critic to see if others are interested in doing something like this.

We did a hometown gift exchange once at a Meet and Mingle, but that's the closest thing I've seen to the fish extenders. You also won't see many decorated doors.

Thanks, for the info.  I did find a roll call with CC only 13 people are signed up, but I posted there hoping more might come.  Any idea if a roll call would be any place else?

Thanks, again.

I noticed they have a decent roll call and forum on my Shipmates app, may be worth a look. I would expect CC would be the largest though.

Thanks, for the info.  I did find a roll call with CC only 13 people are signed up, but I posted there hoping more might come.  Any idea if a roll call would be any place else?

Thanks, again.

CC roll calls are hit or miss.  For my Liberty cruise this coming January (88 days to go), we're only up to the second page.  For my Serenade cruise next July (Northern Europe), we've just hit 22 pages.

Interesting....although I know I spend so little time in my room during a cruise, that I would only see my door about once a day...

not to mention there is so much going on during the day, that its impossible to go to everything you want to see and check out, so not sure how much "extra" time there would be to do these type of things.

Then again, I don't have kids nor ever cruised on Disney so can't compare.

Roll call sites would defn be the place to try and link up with something like that as mentioned above!

You're not leaving stuff constantly, just a time or two through out the cruise. However, if you have 5-10 families participating then you could end up with a few cool and exciting things to brighten your trip.  Logically you would be by your door at least 3 times (leave, come to freshen up before dinner, and return for bed)   Think if you came back to freshen up and someone from Ohio like myself left you a few homemade buckeye treats for you to enjoy, or in the morning before your first shore excursion someone made you a personalized water bottle or left a mini care package with hand sanitizers, Band-Aids, and  a pack of advil, or maybe when you return at the end of the night someone left you a few breath mints. ;)

Even without kids I would want to participate.  :)  it can be an icebreaker and a way to meet an remember new people.