Stateroom dilemma for newbie

rtread

Trying to pick balcony stateroom on Liberty, decks available in the midships section are 6,7 and 8. In the forward section there are just a few on deck 12. The ones available are scattered.

We prefer quiet over hubbub and less walking. Do we want close to an elevator or not? The rooms available on 12 look more secluded....is that a good option?  Any and all help appreciated!

Deck 7 or 8 would be your best bet.  The best place to be for quiet is where you have staterooms above and below you.  I've had a couple right next to the elevators, and never had a problem.

Even deck 6 probably wouldn't be bad, since with a balcony you'll be on the outside and have the inner cabins to buffer you from the royal promenade.  Deck 12 I'm really not sure.  Can't imagine you'll get too much noise coming from the spa, but you'd still be on a main public deck, and I dont know how well the foward position would isolate you.

www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-shi

You can pull these up for any ship on cruisedeckplans.com.  Great tool when looking for that perfect stateroom.

I would suggest removing any connecting cabins first.  Then look over what is left.  

Decks 6 & 7 are convenient to the promenade and all related activities.

Deck 12 is convenient to the pool deck and related activities.

If you are a pool person who spends a lot of time on the pool deck, higher decks may be attractive.

If you don't tend to lounge around a pool very much, the lower decks may be attractive.