No more complimentary Izumi sushi reservations?

KLA

I'm probably late to the party on this one, as usual lately.

I recently booked Allure for late September this year (after an unfortunate mix up and lost deposit on Enchantment due to poor planning on my part), and already starting to go through dining reservations. 

We really have our hearts set on booking Izumi and Sabor (no fancy dinners for us this cruise!) and while you can still pay the $22 cover for Sabor, Izumi is only allowing you to book a $49.99 Prix-Fixe menu. 

"Introducing a prix-fixe, palate pleasing, pre-cruise exclusive at Izumi. Enjoy an exotic Asian-inspired experience and choose from an inventive menu of favorite dishes crafted by Master Sushi Chef Travis Kamiyama. This dining experience is a five-course meal for a fixed price - only available pre-cruise.

Start off with one (1) Miso Soup and one (1) starter, like Shrimp Tempura. Pick your choice of one (1) Signature Roll or a flavorful bowl of Ramen. Enjoy five (5) pieces of your favorite type of Sashimi or Nigiri — and top it all off with one (1) delicious dessert like mochi ice cream offered in a variety of flavors. It’s all made to order with bold flavors, the best ingredients and impeccable presentation. Reserve now, as this prix-fixe menu won’t be available for purchase onboard."

While I am not too concerned about not being able to get a reservation here and we've always just been able to walk up and get in, I miss being able to just make a reservation for the sushi bar side of things pre-cruise. Between my husband and I, we usually hardly ever hit the $50 mark on sushi for us both!  

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

They added this back in November: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/11/26/royal-caribbean-offering-fixed-price-pre-cruise-menu-option-izumi

What you're seeing is a pre-cruise option and not available onboard.  You can still go to Izumi without booking this offering.

Oh, I know. That wasn't my concern - we'll probably just walk up when we want to go after our port day in San Juan. I just realized I've been living under a rock and wasn't aware this was added. ? 

22 minutes ago, KLA said:

Oh, I know. That wasn't my concern - we'll probably just walk up when we want to go after our port day in San Juan. I just realized I've been living under a rock and wasn't aware this was added. ? 

After posting I figured you really meant is there a way to still make reservations before the cruise without the package. Check back later, I think it will show up. But as you said, I highly doubt you have a problem getting reservations once onboard.

Just now, Matt said:

After posting I figured you really meant is there a way to still make reservations before the cruise without the package. Check back later, I think it will show up. But as you said, I highly doubt you have a problem getting reservations once onboard.

Oh, cool. I figured we wouldn't have problems on board, I just like having one less stop to make on the way to the pool on embarkation day ?