The search for a ceremonial role on Royal Caribbean's newest cruise ship is headed to social media.
Royal Caribbean announced it is looking to find a godmother for Wonder of the Seas by searching through TikTok.
Wonder of the Seas is the newest Royal Caribbean cruise ship and the fifth Oasis Class cruise ship. She's currently sailing in Europe, but will return to Florida in November.
Every cruise ship has a godmother, which serves as a ceremonial position. Other ships have had women hold the role, including renowned athletes, celebrities and royalty.
The godmother's job is to give the ship a blessing for the safety of the crew members and passengers who will sail onboard it. She will also be present for the ship's naming ceremony in Port Canaveral, Florida, in December.
U.S. users of the popular video-sharing platform can now take part in the #SearchForWonderMom contest by nominating a mom who inspires those around them to discover, wonder and make memories.
The call for submissions is open through Monday, May 16, at 11:59 p.m. ET, and the winner will be announced on Royal Caribbean’s TikTok this summer.
The winner and their family will set sail on an exclusive cruise to the cruise line’s private island destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay in The Bahamas.
They will also stay in the Ultimate Family Suite and receive first-class flights, three nights in a five-star hotel before the cruise and up to $1,000 in spending money.
In addition, four finalists can enjoy all Wonder has to offer on a 7-night cruise in a balcony stateroom for up to four guests.
How to enter the contest
Think you might want to be the godmother? Here's what you need to know:
- Users must follow @RoyalCaribbean on TikTok.
- Submissions must be posted on TikTok and share why their nominee would be the ideal Godmother for the world’s largest cruise ship.
- Uploaded videos must use Royal Caribbean’s original #SearchforWonderMom contest audio track pinned on the cruise line’s profile.
- Entries must tag @RoyalCaribbean and include #SearchForWonderMom and #Contest
- Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, including the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are at least sixteen years old at the time of entry.
- Nominees must be at least 21 years old.
You can read the full rules and requirements here.