Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: October 7, 2018
Happy Sunday! It has been a busy week of Royal Caribbean news, and we have it all summarized for you in this round up.
Royal Caribbean's CEO Michael Bayley commented on a lot of different topics during a question and answer session this week onboard Harmony of the Seas.
Mr. Bayley held a question and answer session with cruisers to address questions and concerns. In the nearly two hour event, a number of intriguing changes were announced, along with updates to topics of interest to many cruisers.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean announced a 50th birthday cruise celebration in 2019.
- The October 60% off second guest cruise promotion began earlier this week.
- A new video preview of some guests spaces on Spectrum of the Seas was released.
- Royal Caribbean also released a new batch of Spectrum of the Seas construction photos.
- Royal Caribbean trademarked its Oasis Class stern design.
- Metropolis of the Seas was trademarked, which may potentially be used as a ship name.
- Royal Caribbean extended its service agreement with Wärtsilä.
- Matt live blogged from Brilliance of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Matt is back from a 4-night cruise on Brilliance of the Seas to the Western Caribbean, and he talks about what he did onboard the ship, as well as in Cozumel. Matt also talked about trying out the ultimate dining package and deluxe beverage package.
New Royal Caribbean Cruise Compasses
One of the best ways to learn about what sort of events a cruise ship offers is to consult a past Royal Caribbean Cruise Compass. Here is a look at which Cruise Compasses we added this week.
- Anthem of the Seas 9-night Canada & New England Cruise Compass - September 20, 2018
- Mariner of the Seas 4-night Bahamas Cruise Compass - September 3, 2018
- Brilliance of the Seas 4-night Western Caribbean Cruise Compass - September 27, 2018
- Brilliance of the Seas 4-night Western Caribbean Adventure Ocean Cruise Compass
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
USA Today compared Symphony of the Seas to the Disney Fantasy.
Traveling Dad shared what he packs for the the first day on Symphony of the Seas.
Tampa Bay Times reported on Port Tampa Bay reaching 1 million cruise passengers for the first time ever.
Cruise Trade News reported Jo Vaughton has been promoted at Royal Caribbean UK.